Job Description :
Please check the job description and send your updated resumes to email@example.com
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our team of Field Engineers. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing big data systems and building them. The Data Engineer will support our Solution Architects, Sales Executives and Technical Account Managers on Big Data implementations and will ensure optimal big data solution delivery throughout ongoing projects & client engagements. The candidate must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the needs of multiple project teams and clients. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or re-designing our clients’ big data architecture/tools/echo system using our industry leading Automated Datawarehouse Engine to support data needs and initiatives.
Responsibilities for Big Data Engineer
· Design, Create and Maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
· Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
· Design the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
· Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
· Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
· Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
· Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
· Up to 50% travel may be needed.
Qualifications for Data Engineer
· Must have worked for at least 3 years in a Big Data/Hadoop Environment.
· Must have at least intermediate/expert skills in various Datawarehouse, Reporting & ETL technologies
· Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
· Experience building and optimizing big data data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
· Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
· Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
· A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
· Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
· Strong project management and organizational skills.
· Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
· We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
1. Experience working with one or more of the Hadoop distributions (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR)
2. Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase, YARN, MapReduce, Kafka, Sqoop
3. Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
4. Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow
5. Experience with Public Cloud Services: AWS, GCP, Azure, IBM Bluemix
6. Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming
7. Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala